Master the secrets of elite consultants in four weeks
A four-week course designed to help you master the secrets of elite strategy consultants like the pyramid principle, MECE, structured problem solving, and persuasive storytelling with slides.
An Online Course To Teach You The Tools, Mindsets, & Principles of Top-Tier Strategy Consultants
Here’s a secret no one will tell you:
It’s easier to hire former strategy consultants to run your company than promote from within
Consulting firms train people to think like CEOs. Every piece of information is tested against the question, “why does this matter for the company?”
When former consultants join companies in various industries they are playing a different game than everyone else. They understand the bigger picture and don’t get stuck in their careers.
I want to teach you the tools, frameworks and secrets of strategy consulting so you can:
Escape Middle Management
- Don’t get lost staying busy instead of getting promoted. I want to help you learn the skills to stand out as the go-to person on the team
Influence & Persuade Senior Leaders
- The highest levels of the organization need to know what they are looking at, why it matters, and what to do next. I’ll help you learn this language.
Develop A Process For Doing Great Work
- Companies prioritize getting things done, not your growth. I will teach you a “process” for approaching your work so that you are always getting better.
This Course Is For:
- Strategy, Financial & Analytics Leaders: Who work with data are actively helping to shape the direction of their company, solving complex problems and giving executive-level presentations
- Senior Executives: Who want to learn how to develop a strategy, communicate to senior leaders & Boards, and want to have more confidence in developing a vision
- Freelance Consultants: Who never worked at a top consulting firm but do data-intensive or information-heavy work with clients.
- Students or New Grads: Who want to improve their corporate communications and problem solving (this is not a good fit for case practice)
- How Do Consulting Firms Charge $500k+ A Month? It starts with simple (but hard to master) principles…
- Learn how to structure your thinking to make compelling arguments
- Learn how to simplify ideas to make them more memorable & persuasive
- Learn how to make PowerPoints that don’t put people to sleep
A Four-Week Learning Journey With Challenging Weekly Assignments
Week 1 – Introduction & Mindset
- Module #1 – Consulting Mindset: Introduction to the basic consulting mindsets, mental models & consulting process
Week 2 – Synthesize & Structure
- Module #2 – MECE Mind: The powerful framework to help you sharpen your thinking
- Module #3 – From Information To Insight: Introduction to the pyramid principle and synthesizing & organizing complex information
Week 3 – Real-World Problem Solving
- Module #4 – Real World Problem Solving: Using MECE, Pyramid Principle and hypothesis tools to break down real-world problems into problems that can be solved
Week 4 – Kick-Ass Presentations & Storytelling
- Module #5 – Kick-Ass Presentations: Learn the PowerPoint secrets of strategy consultants, master flow & understand how to craft your message to different audiences
- Module #6 – Beyond Consulting Presentations: Creating Memorable & Persuasive Content: Implement tools from cognitive neuroscience and other disciplines to create memorable messages
Four Challenging Assignments
With each week you will receive an assignment as well as suggested answers. These will take you 1-2 hours or more each week and you’ll get the most out of the course if you take these seriously. (Personalized feedback available, see below)
- MECE Assignment: Redesign a consulting firms service offerings to ensure that they are using the MECE principle
- CEO Pitch Exercise: Synthesize interviews, research, and survey findings in your role as Chief of Staff for an upcoming meeting with your CEO
- Facebook Case Problem Statement & Issue Tree: Develop a hypothesis Issue Tree for a Facebook case study
- PowerPoint Pitch: Complete an unfinished PowerPoint presentation for a business case competition
More courses from the same author: Paul Millerd